Post 4 >> FreeTheme Topic "My Favorite Music"

Dear all,

Your assignment this week is writing about your favorite music. Please include:

- The kind(s) of music you like and why you like it?
- When you started listening to this kind of music.
- Any information about the bands or the musicians you like.
- Concerts or music events you have attended.
- Any other piece of information you may consider important.

-200 words minimum.
- Include a picture. 
Comment on at least 3 of your classmates’ blogs.

My parents always remember that when I was a baby and I couldn't stop crying my dad just put some music on the radio and I immediately calmed down. Since I was a child I've always been exposed to music in English, specially from the 80's, and with the passing years my musical interests have changed a lot, but I'll never forget the moment when it became really important... 
When I was about 11 years old I listened to a song of Aerosmith called "Hole in my soul" that just blew my mind, and from that moment on I started looking for similar bands. 
I like different types o music, my favorites ones are aggro or nu metal, grunge, indie, post rock, pop sometimes, etc. My favorite bands are Tool, Deftones and Dirty Heads. 
But I also love film soundtracks, some of them are Ennio Morricone who came to chile in 2013 with Mike Patton (Mondo Cane) it was a wonderful concert I had the opportunity to see, I also like Jon Brion who composed songs for movies like "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind"  and my favorite one, Danny Elfman, who is a close friend of Tim Burton, so he has composed soundtracks for many of his movies like: Big Fish, The nightmare before christmas, Batman, Edward Scissorhands among many others. I can say that I'm a big fan of movies and music plays a relevant role there.
I also enjoy quiet music. I think that Sigur ros is one of those bands that helps me think clearly when I need to relax, and similar to this Post Rock style I listen to are "God is an astronaut" "If these trees could talk" "Explosions in the Sky" etc. 
I think that a person can enjoy different types of music depending on their mood and context. 
... And you?... Do you have any favourite band or musician?





Comentarios

Entradas populares